SECURITY OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Good office design should focus on the safety, wellbeing and stimulation of office employees.
As a direct result of the recent Covid 19 pandemic, the safety and wellbeing of employees are even more important for employers and employees alike.
The physical characteristics of the buildings in Swords Business Campus are superbly suited to accommodate innovative design to provide safe and healthy places of work;
- On grade, open air car/bicycle parking facilitating social distancing on arrival and departure.
- Own door access for security and entry control.
- Large floor plates; up to 40,000 square feet facilitating large reception/entry processing, generous internal circulation, and spacious internal layouts.
- Single storey space with no confined vertical circulation – elevators/staircases.
- Spacious volumes; floor to roof circa 7m – 23 feet allowing very high floor to ceiling heights.
- Accessible extensive flat roofs to accommodate external plant and facilitate safe, open air maintenance.
- Floor to ceiling glazing and large roof lighting to give excellent daylighting and outside awareness for employees.
Most traditional office buildings do not have these characteristics and will therefore struggle or fail to meet the new challenges facing office design and achieving excellence in employee wellness and safety.